If you searching for How do I find and update the software version on my DROID RAZR MAXX, you come to the right place. Here you can read or download the article directly from the official website. You can recieve software updates over the air (OTA) and new releases will be sent to your device as they become available. You can also launch a software update directly to your handset over your carrier’s network if you want to ensure you have the most current release.
Once the phone has been upgraded it will restart itself to complete the installation.
The update is passive and will not affect the contacts, applications, or data on the phone.
Current version is 6.12.173.XT912.Verizon.en.US – Date Released February 13, 2012
To launch your own software update:
- Press the Menu key from the Home Screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap About phone.
- Tap System updates.
Check the version on your phone, to find the software version on your phone:
- From the Home screen, press the Menu key and tap Settings.
- Flick up to scroll down and tap About phone.
- Software version is listed under Build number or System version.
- Press Home to return to the Home screen.
Back to DROID RAZR MAXX User Manual